Southern Tier HealthLink is dedicated to connecting the dots among all of the people, places and equipment that deliver healthcare services to you. We believe that patients should be at the center of their healthcare network, with your doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals linked to all of the medical information they need to give you the best, most informed care possible. Our secure record-sharing system gives them that information – if you consent to it.
Many of the STHL HIE participating providers are currently accepting consent forms at their offices.
Consent Form Options
1. Give Consent: This choice grants your healthcare providers access to your medical records through the STHL HIE. You can grant access to all or some of your providers that participate in the STHL HIE. Access is granted at a legal entity level; however, only those physicians or clinicians with an established treatment relationship can access your STHL HIE records.
2. Deny Consent: This choice prevents anyone from accessing your medical records through the STHL HIE - even in an emergency. Your physicians and clinicians would still have access to their internal records but would not be able to access any of your records through the STHL HIE.
3. Undecided: This choice prevents anyone from accessing your medical records stored in the STHL HIE - except in an emergency.
You can change your consent choice any time by submitting another STHL Consent Form. The decision to consent is up to you – you cannot be denied medical care and your insurance eligibility will not be affected if you do not consent to have your records shared through the STHL HIE.
Manage your Consent through the Patient Portal. Find out more information below.
STHL Patient Portal: Your Personal Healthcare Record
A Personal Healthcare Record (PHR) is an electronic file
of your medical and general healthcare history - information
that might have been scattered across the record systems of
the many doctor's offices and hospitals you visit.
Your PHR may include details about allergies, adverse drug
reactions, medications you're taking, illnesses and
hospitalizations, surgeries and other medical procedures,
vaccinations, laboratory test results, family history, and
In June 2011, STHL launched its Patient Portal, making your Personal Healthcare Record available at your fingertips via the internet. The STHL Patient Portal allows you to:
- Manage Your Consent & Share Data with your Doctors
- Access Your Providers & Your Health Information
- Monitor Who is Accessing Your Information
The STHL Patient Portal
is easy, it’s secure, and it’s free.
Click here for more information on the STHL Patient Portal.